Texas Manufactured Home Insurance
Manufactured home insurance provides coverage for your mobile home, garage or shed, and your personal belongings. It may also provide financial protection in case you unintentionally injure someone or damage their property.
Having the right insurance helps you protect one of your most valuable assets â€“ your home.
Fire. Theft. Windstorms. These are risks you face every day as a mobile home owner. You are also at risk in case someone gets hurt while at your home, or you accidentally damage someone else's property.
Mobile home insurance offers peace of mind in knowing that your finances won't suffer if unexpected events like these happen.
Do you have a mortgage on your mobile home? The financial institution that holds your mortgage may require you to have mobile home insurance.
Similar to conventional home insurance, mobile home insurance protects you in four basic ways:
- Enables you to repair/replace or get actual cash value for your mobile home usually depending on age.
- Allows you to replace your personal belongings if they are destroyed, stolen or damaged
- Covers injuries that happen to other people or their property while in your home.
- Covers your additional living expenses if you're forced to leave your home because of a claim.
Before purchasing mobile home insurance, consider the following questions:
- What would it cost to replace your mobile home?
- What would it cost to replace the contents of your mobile home?
- Do you have an inventory and photographs of your personal possessions?
- What kind of protection do you have against liability claims?
- Do you have items that should be insured with special coverage such as jewelry, cameras, collectibles etc.
- Does your mobile home have a fire extinguisher, deadbolt locks or other money-saving safety features?