Cameron County Insurance Center    
    DBA Coleman Hall and Heinze

Port Isabel Office
302 E. Queen Isabella Blvd
Port Isabel, Texas 78578
Phone (956) 943-6481
Fax (956) 943-7086
Send Us An E-Mail
Se Habla Espaρol
Free Quotes and Rates
Bookmark Us

Auto  |  Motorcycle  |  RV's  |  Boat  |  Home  |  Condos  |  Renters  |  Manufactured Homes  |  Umbrella  |  Flood  |  Mexican Insurance      

Personal Insurance Frequently Asked Questions

Auto Insurance

Homeowners Insurance

Do I really need auto insurance?    

Auto insurance is designed to protect you financially. If you are responsible for injuries, you may be held liable for the injured person's vehicle repairs, medical expenses, therapy and loss of wages.

All states require you to be financially responsible when driving a car. Depending on the state, you may be legally required to have auto insurance.      

Return To Top ^

Who is covered under my auto policy?

It depends on your policy. Often, your spouse, children or others with permission to drive your vehicle are covered. Be sure to check with us for your particular policy.

Return To Top ^

What coverage options are available?

Most states require that you carry a minimum amount of liability coverage. Liability insurance pays for damages if you become legally liable due to resulting body or property damage. Beyond that, you have many choices, ranging from different types of coverage, the amount of coverage and deductibles.

Return To Top ^

What factors may affect my auto insurance rates?

• Your driving record
• Where you're vehicle is garaged
• The make, model and year of your vehicle
• Your age and /or gender
• Youthful operators
• How you use your vehicle / daily miles to work etc.

Return To Top ^

How can I reduce my rates?

• Increase your deductible.
• Drive safely.
• Meet the requirements for one of the many discounts: multiple auto, multiple line, good student, etc.

Return To Top ^

What factors can change my rates?

Your insurance cost can increase or decrease depending on your personal situation and the level of risk. Your rates can change because of changes in:

• Marital status
• Number of people in your family
• Change in use of vehicle
• Driving records

Return To Top ^

If I'm in an accident, can I get a rental car?

Yes, if it is included in your policy. To verify if you have rental coverage please contact us.

Return To Top ^

What's the best way to inventory my belongings?

Keep detailed records of personal property including receipts, serial numbers, appraisals and the name and addresses of appraisers with these descriptions.

• Don't forget to inventory what's in your closets, attic and basement.
• Videotape or photograph your inventory.
• Take a photograph with your closet door open to indicate the quantity of your clothes.
• Keep your inventory up-to-date.

Return To Top ^

Does homeowners insurance protect me if someone gets hurt on my property?

Typically homeowner's insurance covers your liabilities if a guest falls and requires medical care. The amount of liability coverage is determined by your policy limits.

Return To Top ^

Am I required to carry homeowners insurance?

Unlike auto insurance you are not required by law to have homeowners insurance by your mortgage company may require it.

Return To Top ^

If I rent but don't own can I still get coverage?

Yes. Renters can purchase policies very similar to homeowners that cover personal property, liability, medical expenses etc., the renters policy simply does not cover the actual dwelling.

Return To Top ^

What is not covered by typical homeowner's insurance?

There is a wide variety of damages, conditions, and costs that are not covered by homeowner's insurance. For example:

• Your claim exceeds your maximum stated coverage amount.
• You have flood damage.
• You have losses related to business activities in your home and you do not carry incidental business insurance.
• Your claim is covered by other insurance.
• Someone else who is intentionally insured under your policy caused your claim.

Return To Top ^

<<< Return To Previous Page

Quote's, Information & Tools

Copyright @ 2007 Coleman Hall and Heinze Insurance - All Rights Reserved
Serving Cameron County Texas, The Texas Gulf Coast, Port Isabel, Brownsville, Harlengin, McAllen, Edinburg, Kingsville, Laguna Vista, San Benito, and South Padre Island, Texas.
Note: As stated in our "Terms of Service" (TOS) agreement, descriptions of insurance coverage on this web site are for informational purposes only and may not apply, or be included on your policy. Please contact us to confirm coverage provided on your insurance policy or policies your are contemplating purchasing.